Enrolment + Tours
YEAR 7 - 12 ENROLMENTS
Thank you for your interest in Carrum Downs Secondary College. The decision about which secondary school is the correct fit for your family is a crucial and sometimes challenging one.
Carrum Downs Secondary College has a great working relationship with our local feeder Primary Schools – Banyan Fields Primary School, Rowellyn Park Primary School and Skye Primary School. Our transition program is well planned in partnership with primary school Transition Coordinators to prepare Grade 6 students for their smooth movement into Year 7.
- School visits with student presentations to answer questions
- Workshops with Grade 6 students specifically planned in conjunction with the primary schools according to curriculum and needs
- Tours for primary teachers and Principals at the beginning of each year to visit Year 7 classrooms and see how their past students are settling in to life at secondary school
- Orientation Day program to help students to learn more about the way the College runs and to relax anyone who may be feeling a little unsure of what might be up ahead
- Information Evening to support both parents and children
- Additional transition program for students with special needs or students that are identified by teachers and parents needing additional support in the transition process.
We realise how important it is for our Year 7 students to feel that they belong and that they feel safe and successful at school. To further support them we have a Year 7 Camp, Pastoral Care program and Peer Support Program where they get an older student as a buddy and soon learn that the bigger kids are surprisingly friendly!
Many staff assist our new Year 7 students and help them to settle into their new environment, in particular the Pastoral Care Teachers and House Leadership Team who are the first point of contact when questions arise.
Carrum Downs Secondary College is the neighbourhood school for CARRUM DOWNS, SKYE AND SANDHURST. We support The Department of Education and Early Childhood Development’s decision to encourage students to enrol at, and attend their neighbourhood school.
Additionally, we wish to see that schools are given the opportunity to resolve any issues prior to students transferring between schools. To ensure a smooth transition and avoid disruption to a student’s education, transfer enquiries must occur at the end of the semester or school year.
- Completed Enrolment Application Form
- Copy of your child’s most recent semester school report
- Copy of your child’s passport/visa document/Citizenship for students born overseas
- Copy of current orders (e.g. family order, intervention order, protection order)
Prospective students and at least one parent/guardian must attend an enrolment interview at the College. All above documents must be returned prior to organising an enrolment interview.
If you wish to enquire about enrolling your child at Carrum Downs Secondary College, please contact the College.
WE VALUE QUALITY RELATIONSHIPS, LEARNING + DESTINATIONS
OUR SCHOOL ZONE
www.findmymyschool.vic.gov.au hosts the most up-to-date information about Victorian school zones. Information on this site is updated in Term 1 each year, ready for the Year 6 to 7 transition period. If you have any questions about school zones, please visit the website, call the VSBA Hotline on 1800 896 950 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.