Carrum Downs Secondary College prides itself on providing quality wellbeing and learning support for our students through the Wellbeing Support Team. Located in the Wellbeing Support Centre, the Wellbeing Support Team contributes to the broader College goals of student engagement and academic success.
The Wellbeing Support Team offers the following services and programs:
- Group programs
- Health education and promotion activities
- Integration support
- Early intervention programs
- Engagement in school wide initiatives that support our students’ social emotional development and wellbeing
The Wellbeing Support Team is comprised of:
- Wellbeing Support Coordinator
- Adolescence Health School Nurse
- Integration Aide Team
The Wellbeing Support Team highly value community-based support services and continually seeks new and exciting opportunities to engage students and families in lifelong learning. This includes collaboration and consultations with:
- Frankston City Council Youth Services
- The regional SSSO (Student Support Services Officers)
- ELMHS (Early in Life Mental Health Service)
To engage with the Wellbeing support services, please contact your House Leader to arrange a referral to the Wellbeing Support Team.
THE RESILIENCE PROJECT
As a College we have a partnership with The Resilience Project which encourages students to focus on gratitude, empathy and mindfulness as a basis for increasing their resilience in every day life. Activities and learning to assist in mental health benefits will occur during class time and can be applied daily. The curriculum has been specifically designed to develop pro-social skills, careers and pathways understandings and personal wellbeing.
DOCTORS IN SECONDARY SCHOOLS
DIS is an initiative the Government has introduced in some schools to help with:
- Making health care more accessible to students
- Provide assistance to young people to identify and address any health problems
- Reduce the pressure on working parents