A Message from the Principal
I have been involved with the Carrum Downs community for over five years now and in this time I have seen our college grow with a core focus on student learning and supporting our students to mature into young adults.
At Carrum Downs Secondary College we recognise that every student has individual learning needs. Our staff work in professional learning communities to identify the entry point for every student so they can engage in learning and are challenged at the appropriate level.
Our differentiated teaching program in Years 7-9 ensures we are targeting and supporting every student in our College and all students are being extended to maximise their potential.
Our core values of Respect, Integrity and Effort are lived every day in the work that we do to empower our students. I am particularly proud of the work we are undertaking around School Wide Positive Behaviours and the recognition we have received for the safe and inclusive environment we have created.
Our College offers a wide range of opportunities in curricular and extra-curricular programs, which cater for the diverse needs of our students.
We are currently in the process of building a new STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Maths) centre, which will further assist our students with critical and creative thinking. This additional facility will support our recently completed Sports Complex and refurbishment of the college to provide high quality facilities for our community.
I am constantly receiving feedback from parents in regards to the support and care that our students receive from our highly professional and committed staff. I think this is a true indication of the type of school that we are and the inclusive environment that we have created.
I am proud to lead our College and support our community.
Carrum Downs Secondary College Principal
Latest News + Events
Our School Vision
"CDSC empowers our community to build a successful future based on respect, personal growth and social inclusiveness. The College actively promotes a learning culture that is based on our college values of Respect, Integrity and Effort."
- 24/08/2022, 25/08/2022,
- 26/08/2022 – School production
- 26/08/2022 – Book Week dress-up day
- 30/08/2022 – Student Parent Teacher Conferences 12pm-7pm (student free day)
- 07/09/2022 – GAT exam
- 14/09/2022 – Semester 2 music concert ***RESCHEDULED TO TERM 4
- 16/09/2022 – Last day term 3
- 03/10/2022 – First day term 4
- 03/10/2022 – Practice exam week (unit 3&4)
- 12/10/2022 – Music concert at 7pm
- 26/10/2022 – VCE exams begin (unit 3&4)
- 27/10/2022 – Grade 6 information night at 6:30pm (virtual)
- 31/10/2022 – Curriculum day
- 01/11/2022 – Public holiday
- 16/11/2022 – VCE exams complete (unit 3&4)
- 21/11/2022 – Proposed exam week (year 10 and 11)
- 28/11/2022 – Rollover commences
- 01/12/2022 – Awards night
- 12/12/2022, 13/12/2022 – Student leadership camp
- 13/12/2022 – Statewide transition day